[geeks] bizarre stuff available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 12:10:24 CST 2002

--- Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 05:27:06PM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > --- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Someone needs to rescue and MP3 these.  or something.
> >
> > Why? Is the world desperately short of Country AND Western music?
> > ;^)
> >
> > I will only *hint* at the copyright violations the above statement
> > seems to encourage... :^]
>
> Since when is creating MP3s for one's personal use a copyright
> violation?

Well, I was trying to avoid a lengthy post, but hopefully it will
suffice to say that I read Bill's post as a request that someone make
them available publicly. He did not (I repeat NOT) say that, but it was
clearly implied.

Again, Bill did not SAY THAT.

But ask yorself this question, could Bill really have simply been
concerned that they be saved for posterity in someones basement AND NOT
SHARED? That only allows ONE person (and his/her friends that visit)
the abilty to enjoy these priceless/timeless/whatever songs... Could
that really be Bill's goal?

Is that REALLY how you read it?

OK than, I guess I was WAY OFF BASE ;^)

Apologies all around...