[geeks] Bizarre Sun Mug/SCNA Certification Question

Derek Warren dwarren at acheron.trideja.com
Mon Dec 9 21:46:53 CST 2002

Is this a 'geeks' item or a rescue?

http://derek.trideja.com/gallery/2002-sunmug/

A friend of mine just stopped by and gave me a mug with the Sun logo
along with a bunch of cryptic imagery.  Only in the past year have I
gotten into Sun culture but I have a hunch that this might even stump
this lot of Sun geeks!  >:)  What the heck does this bizarre
eye/cloud/logo/ladder/cloud/moon/horse/arrow sequence mean?

Take a look at the above URL--I'd love to hear what everyone has to say.

Completely unrelated:  I just passed the first Solaris 9 Certified
Sysadmin exam a while ago and was appalled that I paid a big lump sum
for the terrible, dry and error-prone training material and practice
exams from Sun.  Can someone recommend some better training material,
like suncertifiedguru.com?

Am I wasting my time with the whole certification idea to begin with?
(I know; the best thing to do is to use/break/fix/etc. everyday and I
do...)

Thanks for any advice you folks might have..
Derek
--

    derek at trideja.com || http://www.trideja.com/ || http://derek.trideja.com/
    "I work for the department of redundancy department."