[geeks] Re: Carley Fiorina

mjbraun at enteract.com mjbraun at enteract.com
Sun Dec 1 20:22:30 CST 2002

> Message: 15
> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:05:48 -0500
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Carley Fiorina
> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> To: geeks at sunhelp.org

<SNIP>

> > Oh, and I can probably find a picture of her in a suit, and as we all
> > know people that wear suits to work suck (right Dave?!)...
>
>    Not at all.  "Suit" is a state of mind and ethics, not attire.  I do
> believe, however, that people who wear a suit in order to project a
> false image of themselves suck.

I like wearing a suit, and I concur that person-who-wears-a-suit != a Suit
(uppercase "S"). In fact, there is a nice paralell between the rescue community
(and like minded souls) who go to a tailor and have a suit custom made. They
choose not to suffer overpriced, mass-produced crap.  There are those who go to
Saks or whatnot to pay $2000+ for an Armani suit (cause, it's Armani, of
course!) and then walk around with the label still on the sleeve (a MAJOR PEEVE
OF MINE). Real good stuff is often cheaper, better fitting, and, overall
superior, it just takes a bit more knowledge of what you're buying.

There are those who like suits, and there are those who like suits-that-are-
expensive-cause-they-say-I'm-rich. Generally, the latter are Suits.