[geeks] How do I play a VCD?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Aug 12 15:20:00 CDT 2002

On Monday, August 12, 2002, at 04:09 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 03:59:21PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>
>> And for the budget concious, you can get an excellent hackable DVD
>> player from Sam's Club.  It's called the Daewoo 5800.  It's
>> multi-region
>> out of the box (just hit a key combo on the remote), but also I flashed
>> the firmware to turn off Macrovision.  It's really nice for $86.
>
> What sort of digital audio output does it have, if any?
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd

It has the following connectors on the back

1. Digital Out (Coax)
	Connects digital audio under play mode into an AV amplifier or
receiver equipped with digital audio decoder...(engrish omitted)

2. Video Out
	Composite video

3. S-Video Out

4. Audio Out
	2 phono sockets for analog 2 channel audio output.

5. Component Video Out

-Andrew