[geeks] How do I play a VCD?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 12 13:41:43 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 02:39:07PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> on 8/12/02 2:29 PM, Bill Bradford at mrbill at mrbill.net wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:46:27PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> >> How? The Mac does not have a DVD drive.
> >
> > A VCD is not a DVD.  A VCD is a normal 650M CD / CD-R.
> >
> > A lot of DVD players (like my Apex) can play them, though.
> >
> *sigh* HOW on the Mac? I do not own a DVD layer nor am I going to go buy
> one.

Well, since other posts have said how to on the mac, I'll pass over
that.

So, why aren't you going to get a DVD player?  Do you have something
against them, or do you just not currently have the $$$ (although it
seems to me that you've been refusing to get one for quite some time).

--
Joshua D. Boyd