[geeks] Anybody know how to extract video from a Sony HandyCam?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Aug 12 08:28:41 CDT 2002

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> Anyway, this camera has USB output and I have tried to use the included
> (FSCKed) software on both my Mac and my PeeCee laptop to no avail.

Hmm... Firewire?  Probably not.  Anyway, the route I usually take (and I
have machines I keep just for this purpose) is to use the standard RCA
A/V out on the camera and capture it using a computer.  My O2 does this
almost exclusively right now.  One of these days I'll put it to more use
than capturing videos of my kids, or me crushing computers...

Kurt