[geeks] Thinkpad 600e plus Adaptec scsi adapter plus scsi

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Aug 11 19:29:25 CDT 2002

> > It appears the Adaptec scsi cardbus adapter card will
> > enable the two to work together.
> >
> > Any opinions on how good this combination is?
> > Any recommendations on a good CD-RW? Plextor?
>
> Hmm, I just asked this on Rescue@ - the general concensus was to go with
> Plextor...
>
> I love my Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460 PCMCIA card - almost makes my Windows
> system seem like a real computer.

I have the Adaptec CardBus SCSI adapter (APA-1480).  I've had
no problems using it with SCSI devices.  My main use for it
is backing up my laptop to DLT.  I got the 1480 for $99 direct
from Adaptec when they were running a tradein special.  I sent
them an old Adaptec T460 PCMCIA card (which was really a Trantor
card) in exchange.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net