[geeks] G1's and other mainframey goodness Was

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Apr 30 20:21:29 CDT 2002

> > This venture is suddenly made much more possible by the disappearance of
> > my day job.
>
> Oh crap.
>
> Do tell. :)

Simply put, we just ran out of cash, and it doesn't look like the VCs
want to help out.  It sucks big time as we have a $750k contract coming
up with $major_EU_telco and we're practically a shoe-in.  Fucking
investors can't see past the next five minutes.

Nothing is written in stone, and we have a board meeting in the morning,
so something might turn up.  The CEO though, has told us to go ahead and
protect ourselves - do whatever we need to do to pay our household
bills.  I'd love to see him pull something out of his hat, but it looks
bleak.

The company has had a very good run - we never burned money at a fast
rate, and we all had a load of fun.  Most of us are going to keep the
systems running as much as we can in our spare time - hoping for a sale
of some kind so that the product (which is very fucking nice BTW) isn't
lost to the bitbucket.

What truly sucks is that there were a few good deals on the table, and
this deal with $major_EU_telco could have floated us (as we currently
are) for about another 18 months.  Feh!

I'm hoping we all get license rights to the code (even if only
binaries), cause I could *really* use this at any of my next gigs.

If you want to view it while it's still around - http://www.sharehq.com
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."