[geeks] G1's and other mainframey goodness Was

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Tue Apr 30 19:26:06 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > > I'm -7.25 diopter.  I'm seriously considering Lasix.
> >
> > I'm -5.25, and I wish I could *afford* Lasik.
>
> I'm trying to find out if I can force my medical insurance to cover
> Lasik (thanks for the spelling correction; Lasix is something entirely
> different).  For me, the procedure is a quality-of-life issue, and
> there are a lot of what I consider elective procedures that are
> covered for the same reason (like vasectomies).

Let me know if you succeed.  Then I'll try the same argument with my own
insurance provider.  I *really* don't like wearing these thick, heavy
glasses.  They're wearing a groove in my head.  I'm sure you're getting
the same groove worn into yours, although maybe a little faster.  And
contacts have the disadvantage that they trap any gases or dust that fly
into my face, and as I spend some time in the chemistry lab, this can be a
problem.

Peace...  Sridhar
--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"