[geeks] Posix reference

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Tue Apr 30 16:08:45 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Does anyone have a posix reference to recommend?  I see Oreilly has one, but
> its kinda expensive, and I was hoping to find one online.  In particular, I'm
> looking for a fairly high resolution timer, or access to a high resolution
> clock, for the purpose of video and sound playback.

>From one individual's (Hal Jespersen) site:

POSIX documents are generally not available on the Net because the IEEE
derives income from selling printed copies. Please do not contact
me about copies of drafts or standards I edited. I can't send them to you.
(I don't like this policy either. IEEE may change it someday.)

To order IEEE standards or drafts, call:

      1-800 678-IEEE
      +1 732 981-1393 outside US

-Pet