[geeks] FSCKING oncall pager rant

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 30 03:33:31 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: chad kellerman [mailto:ckellerman at alabanza.com]
~
~ I had one where a tech paged me and asked me to call her.
~ This was at 2:00 am
~
~ Whne I called....
~
~   She wanted to know what bitchx was.
~
~ ARGHHHHHH.

Yeah, I have one luser on the West coast that twice now has called me at
8:00pm HIS time for a phone number. Thats past bedtime for me. His urgent
need this week? An unpublished home phone number of an MS/NT admin. He
wanted him to walk him through a reinstall of some software he deleted
accidentally on his company laptop. At night!

I guess oncall operator = company phonelist.

What kills me is that the oncall operator is supposed to only handle
production issues. If it doesn't run in a datacenter oncall shouldn't be
called.

I guess I'm going to bed now. I can probably count all the little nubbies on
my textured ceiling before I fall asleep 1/2 hour before I have to get up.