[geeks] forget the mog...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 29 14:54:52 CDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I want one of THESE:
>
> http://www.speedracer.la/

  "I understand that (if I am selected to purchase a Mach 5 SS?), I must
  agree to use the vehicle for personal use only.  Except for the
  possibility of making a profit from the resale of my Mach 5 SS?.  I will
  agree not to use the vehicle to make money via my ownership of a Mach 5
  SS? in any other way."

WTF[1]?  I bought it, but it's not mine?  What the hell is getting into
people these days?  This new idea of "license agreements" on tangible
objects that I (hypothetically) -OWN- is really irritating.

--Jonathan
[1] Never mind the fscked-up Windows-only characters.