[geeks] Compuholics anonymous

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Apr 29 13:12:25 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 01:30:50PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 01:05:02PM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> > All G1's are the same size.  They are double-wide 27" racks.  The DASD
> > controller is a 27" rack, as is each DASD itself.  The controllers can
> > talk to a If you want a tape drive, that's another one.  Older mainframes
> > would likely be cheaper, but larger.  They would also consume more power.
> $1-$2k is a lot less than I would have expected.  The size requirements on
> them are about what I'd expected though, so I don't have to be rich, I just
> have to find myself a really large house.

What are the power and cooling requirements?  And how heavy are these
beasties?

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  The test of the goodness of a thing is its fitness for use.  If it fails
  on this first test, no amount of ornamentation or finish will make it
  any better, it will only make it more expensive, more foolish.
     -- Frank Pick, lecture to the Design and Industries Assoc, 1916