[geeks] Geek Breakfast

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 29 12:53:11 CDT 2002

I had this for breakfast today, but it turned out rather well:

1 teaspoon of cooking fat (I was using roasty pork lard from the mexican
market)
Throw in two Spam slices about 1/4 inch thick (cross-wise cut... have
more on hand)

Start browning them
Throw in half a small white onion or 1/4 of a large white onion.
Keep space to allow the meat to touch the pan on it's faces...
Throw in a heaping tablespoon of Patak's chunky chili pickle (Chili's
and Mustard Oil + Ginger and goodies)
Continue to cook until meet is done... extract meat and replace with two
more slices (until you've cooked the whole can)
Extract the onions and chili pickle when the onions are good and
carmelized/browned... and the chili seeds are toasty looking.
When both meat and pickle mix is done, throw in a pat of butter and
grill a slice of bread (1 pat of butter per side).  Repeat for as many
sandwiches as you want to make at the moment... then assemble meat +
pickle + fried bread.  I had thought about frying some Queso Fresco, but
mine went bad so I couldn't add it.  (sort of paneer-like fresh cheese)

Andrew