[geeks] Stupid mouse tricks

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 29 11:08:10 CDT 2002

> > Jeez - 320x200?  What proc?  AFAIK Delta Force doesn't use accellerated
> > video, at least it didn't when I installed it on my machine.  Delta
> > Force is one of those games that's very fun to play, even though the
> > graphics aren't extremely realistic.  The gameplay is very immersive.
> > Fully enjoyable.
>
> P233mmx w/ a voodoo3.  I thought it did use accelerated video.  If not, that
> would explain the suckiness.

Ah, yep.  I was running it on a P3-800 and it was "acceptable" at
800x600.  But, it uses no hardware acceleration AFAIK.  Delta Force 1,
2, and 3 all use the same engine (i.e. no HW accelleration) - so suck is
as suck does I suppose.  DF4 is supposed to use some kind of hardware
(OpenGL I think) so performance might be better.

That sucks though.  The game is great - I love it.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com