[geeks] Compuholics anonymous

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Apr 29 11:13:40 CDT 2002

> The power requirement has gone way down, although they aren't really
> *that* much smaller.  It's just that in all the commercials, they only
> show the CPU cabinet.  You'd probably still have several racks full of
> DASD, a rack full of controller, and a tape drive, and a couple of other
> things.

We've got most things split across floors.  Three floors for
the mainframes, two (or maybe three) floors for the DASD, and
a large warehouse-sized room for the tape drives, tape silos,
and tape storage racks.

Of course, all the mainframe consoles are on one floor (One floor
to rule them all...)

Then we've got four generator buildings, but they handle mainframe
and midrange together.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net