[geeks] Compuholics anonymous

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Mon Apr 29 00:46:20 CDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Hey, if you have the inclination, I can probably arrange for you to get
> > one or two (or three, or four...)
>
> What are the power requirements on the new 390s anyway?  I noticed
> they tremendously smaller these days, but I'm guessing they are still
> pretty major.

The power requirement has gone way down, although they aren't really
*that* much smaller.  It's just that in all the commercials, they only
show the CPU cabinet.  You'd probably still have several racks full of
DASD, a rack full of controller, and a tape drive, and a couple of other
things.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"