[geeks] Argh, solaris

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 29 00:02:04 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 10:44:13AM -0400, Ryn wrote:
> I would also disable the SMC garbage. The SMC framework makes extensive
> use of RPC based communication services :( If that doesn't work, enable RPC
> and let the bastard program register with it. You can then use rpcinfo to gather
> a bit more information. I would also look into lsof once you startup rpcbind.
> This
> should set you in the right direction.

I removed smcboot this morning, and so far no errors.  Now to diagnose
why I can't get the system wide PATH set the way I want.  What a happy
experience this whole Solaris thing is.

So, how does NetBSD feel about DEFPA cards on non-Intel platforms?  I'm not
so hot about using Solaris as a file server just to be able to use my Sbus
FDDI card.

--
Joshua D. Boyd