[geeks] What might cause this...

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 28 16:02:53 CDT 2002

>> Verizon and Comcast both are dropping ssh, http, and ftp traffic to
>                                         ^^^
>
> Weak!  WTF would they want to drop ssh packets?  No Micros~1 worm would
> be
> smart enough to actually use a secure transfer protocol.

well because they suck ass. that and theyre broke. they dont want people
paying for residential services and using commercial servers. they dont
seem to understand that geeks use ssh to get to their own personal boxes.

> Damn, pretty soon the whole concept of "well known ports" is going to
> vanish among the end-user crowd.  Hm.  That gives me an idea.

this strikes me as similar to my 'rogue tld' idea. neat in theory, but
requires cooperation with people who arent motivated.

alex