charging family and friends (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sat Apr 27 10:37:18 CDT 2002

avriettea at speakeasy.net writes:

>same goes for computers. the cool thing about asking for pizza and beer
>for labor contributed is that since theyre your friends they'd like to
>have you over for pizza and beer anyways, so they get dinner, they get
>their car/computer fixed, and they have your company. and nobody feels
>'used'.

A friend of mine has a pile of SGIs that he isn't using for his
company anymore. He wants me to look them over and see what can
be made to work, and what's worth using.

They're doing video, and one of the boxes is an O2. The rest are
Indies. I think the plan is: get the O2 working for video editing,
trade an Indy or two for sparc fileservers, and I get the remaining
Indies.

When people ask for PC help, I just claim ignorance.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------