"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sat Apr 27 09:26:34 CDT 2002

wonko at arkham.ws writes:

>On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 08:43:16AM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
>>
>> If you're adminning a BSD system, long hair is fine, as long as
>> you have the beard to go with it.

>what if it comes and goes?  i started out a BSD admin, and i admin a lot of BSD
>systems here at home, but i do Solaris for a living, so i'm always confused
>about what i should be doing with my facial hair.  so i let it grow for a while
>then shave, then let it grow for a while, then shave.  well, now at least i
>know why i do that. ;)

Tricky.

If you can maintain a super-arrogant attitude at work, and criticize
Solaris at every opportunity, then you should keep the beard.

If you speak well of Solaris however, you should shave.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------