"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 27 09:58:13 CDT 2002

> Depends on the market.  For the 'ISP admin' market here in town, it
> ranges
> from what JP was making ($30K/year) to a high of ~$75K.
>
> In Dallas, I could get $120K easily, if i wanted to put up with Dallas.

Salary range here for experienced sol admins is $70-$100k. We currently
have an architect position offered at a range of $80-$120k. Speaking of
which, if anyone is capable of filling said architect position, let me
know... I'm in wash dc.

We've had consultants out here a lot lately who were veritas and sun
certified (but independant) charging $60-$90/hr for 4-month 70-80h/wk
contracts.

> In Oklahoma City, the "UNIX Admin" market topped out at around 50K.
> Tulsa
> was 75K, because there were so many oil companies who needed IT people.

Sick. Sick. Sick!!

You just cant PAY smart people that LITTLE! Its just a crime!

alex