[geeks] SunFire or Sun Fire?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Fri Apr 26 19:45:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 04:28:24PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> I was looking at some of the SunFire 15K systems today and I
> was wondering if "SunFire" or "Sun Fire" was correct.  The
> systems and shipping boxes all have the name as one word,
> but the Sun web site has the name as two words.

System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Fire 6800

Definitely 2 words.  At a few places it refers to itself as a
"Fire", which I'm presuming means that it's actually a Sun Fire,
as opposed to (say) an IBM Fire, if you get my drift.

> BTW, there are three of the new little SunFire V880 systems
> that just arrived today and are still in their boxes.  I'd
> love to have one of them at home.

Nice machines, but it's a pity they aren't out in 900Mhz configs
yet.  I'm also not a big fan of the configs they are being sold in
(I dont want 6x36Gb disks!! I only want two!)

  Scott