[geeks] Serial to ethernet?

Sven-Olof Johansson so at mkv.mh.se
Fri Apr 26 16:23:38 CDT 2002

On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 10:04 PM, Ross wrote:

> SLIP support is built in on my 3xe. In your preferences under Network,
> you chose 'Unix' as the service, set connection 'Direct Serial' and
> under details select 'SLIP' from the drop-down list.

Yep, those settings are more or less the same in Palm OS 2.0 pro and
later versions.

Until I got a monitor and a keyboard for my sparc IPC, I used my Palm Vx
as a serial terminal. The palm connector for Macintosh serial ports
works without problem in the serial port of a sparcstation IPC/IPX.

BTW, is it just me, or does anyone else think that the official,
supported palm desktop for Macintosh suck? Jpilot on OpenBSD Just Works
(TM), but hotsync with my iBook fails two times out of three ...

/Sven-Olof

--
If you're going through hell, keep going.
                                                        -- Winston