[geeks] Serial to ethernet?

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Fri Apr 26 15:04:43 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:38:51AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:
    [snip]
> Well, is there a SLIP program for the palm? If you find
> one, let me know!! Especially if it can run on USB
> cradles. A few minutes of googleness didn't reveal
> anything good.
    [snip]

SLIP support is built in on my 3xe. In your preferences under Network,
you chose 'Unix' as the service, set connection 'Direct Serial' and
under details select 'SLIP' from the drop-down list. I then used TopGun
ssh. TopGun telnet doesn't work, iirc, on PalmOS3+ but there were
others that did.

- Ross