[geeks] Selling points

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Fri Apr 26 14:18:45 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:26:17PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Screw that, we dont even give them sudo.  If they need something done
> that their user-level account cant do, they come to an admin.

nah, if their app needs to start as root to bind to port 25 (for example) then
i put the app's stuff in sudo and they can start and stop their app to their
hearts content, and don't have to bother me with such trivial things.

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP