[geeks] icecube

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Fri Apr 26 13:23:39 CDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> > Depending on what PowerPC they're going to be using, it might be cheaper
> > for them to go POWER2SC or straight POWER3, and get much more speed.  Most
> > PowerPC's aren't fabbed by IBM.
>
> Ah ha.  The fab angle is what I wasn't seeing.  Of course, I'd think
> either PowerPC or POWER would be better than an intel chip, price
> wise.

Probably.

FYI, at least when I worked at IBM, the agreement between IBM and Mot was
that they were outsourcing the fabrication of the smaller PowerPC (604 and
below, as well as 400-series) chips to NKK.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"