[geeks] Tripple Cold Filtered 13% Alcohol

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Fri Apr 26 11:37:33 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:47:39AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> At 13% alcohol it is no longer considered a beer. it's called a strong brew
> or barleywine. Anything 12% or over isn't actually considered beer.

they had a nice barleywine on the hand pump at the Ugly Oyster once (i used to
live a block away from that place) and the next day when i went in to pick up
some food the bartender told me that i didn't pay, but that it was ok since i
was entertaining enough they were going to let it slide.

i don't even remember most of that night.  ;)

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP