[geeks] O2 graphics compared to entry-levelOctanegraphics?

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 26 01:50:44 CDT 2002

One of the types of woods that has caught my eye
recently is "zebrawood". I have seen it on some
furniture items in the form of a veneer. The grain is
quite distinctive. I think it can be hard to come by
though.

Here is a picture:

http://www.rbhsound.com/inroom/signature/veneers/Zebrawood.jpg

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 05:51:29PM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> We regularly worked on the restoration of pieces of antique or "art"
> furniture costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. I worked on one french
> desk that was sixteen feet long, built in the early 18th century out of
> ebony and mahogany with various exotic wood inlays and gold leaf stenciling.
> When I asked how much the piece was worth the owner of the shop (my uncle
> actually. Nepotism at it's finest ;-) replied "More than this shop". The
> shop at the time was probably worth 2 million or so just in tools never mind
> the actual property value so...
<snip>
--
Bill