[geeks] Favorite beer?

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Thu Apr 25 23:21:49 CDT 2002

> As of today a euro is worth about 62p or 90 cents US making a case of
> Warsteiner (24 count 500ml bottles) FRIKKEN EXPENSIVE ($65 or ?47)

Well, bugger me with a fishfork.

That is *really* expensive.
> You must mean the actual german stuff not the stuff in the US because the US
> stuff is crap.

I have enjoyed it on draught in Scotland. In fact, we used to carry it
in EUU before we got Stella.

> > Kronenbourg
>
> Not bad. You obviously like lighter lagers without much hop flavor and/or
> bitterness.

I am bitter enough without additional help from my beverages! 8-)

> > Fraoch, which is a Scots Heather Ale. Very tasty. Very hard to find on
> > draught.
>
> Never had it, if I see it I'll have to try it. I love a good I.P.A. or a red
> or brown ale. I actually really like Newcastly though most serious beer
> drinkers think it's shit.

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity! Newcastle Brown is an abomination.
Not that I am that serious a beer drinker, but my gut might say
otherwise 8-) Fraoch is very tasty. I am partial to a caledonian IPA
or 80/- that brewery does some good stuff. Sadly I never made it to
their beer festival in Edinburgh. And I lived in Edinburgh for 5
years. D'Oh!

> > I drink heinekein only when it is free.
> >
> > S.
>
> Unfortunatley it's the only half decent lager in bottles the off license
> down the road from me carries. I can only drink Heinekein ICE COLD. As in
> there are ice crystals forming on and/or in the bottle. There's really not
> much taste to it anyway and when its that cold it's very refreshing.

I have been trying to explain to every local beer vendor that McEwan's
do something much better than Scotch ale. They just mutter something
about suppliers. I swear at them, and then leave. Damned Texas
beer vending oddities. It makes me laugh when they ID me though.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator