fscking spell wrecker was RE: [geeks] Favorite beer?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Apr 25 22:46:18 CDT 2002

Ok here's the situation. I am SEVERELY dyslexic. As in so dyslexic I once
had a doctor ask me how I could even read. The thing is I'm used to it after
25 years so I've learned to compensate pretty well. Unfortunately not well
enough to live without spell checkers.

Anyway I write so many emails that I usually just let the spell checker do
its thing and hit change most of the time and but this sentence just killed
me

> That and Grolsch which is you keep it gold is great but it gets skunky if
its ever
> aloud to get warm.

My spell checker (Microsoft outlook since that's what I use on my laptop
which has the wireless link. All the UNIX machines are upstairs and I cant
get Linux to work with my wireless card. I even had former chief hacker at
Cygnus try to get the supposedly excellent drivers working and he couldn't)
insists on changing allowed to aloud for some reason and randomly seems to
change is to if or vice verse. And contractions? forget it. It doesn't do
contractions. Every time I use a contraction it pukes.

Is there such a thing as a good spell checker? And if anyone says Ispell I'm
gonna smack 'em cuz I've used it frequently and it's even worse

Chris Byrne