[geeks] aw yeah.

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Apr 25 19:37:42 CDT 2002

> > Ayoob is an excellent writer, very articulate, and extremely well
> > spoken/written.  Long ago, I first learned about 'fail drills' from
> > him.  Something every gun owner should know about...
>
> Fail drills?

Self defence training method for gun owners.  IT involves training with
a partner or a shot clock capable of two random alarms.  It goes like
this:
partner yells "Go!"
you pop two shots to the torso of the target (usually a paper sillouet)
at random intervals your partner will may yell either "Fail!" or "Safe!"
if "fail" then you treat the silouet as if it was an attacker that you
failed to stop with the previous two shots, and aim for one in the head.
if "safe" then you unload the weapon and put it on the range counter.

It's basically to train you for the unexpected, when you fail to stop an
attacker with the previous two shots, the third to the head *should*
stop them.  Since you never know when your partner will yell "fail" it
approximates real life situations where an attacker may or may not have
been stopped.

Morbid.  Yes.  But necessary (IMO) for those with carry permits.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com