[geeks] aw yeah.

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Apr 25 18:27:54 CDT 2002

Remember the guy in Texas who shot the Japanese exchange student that just
happened to be a diplomats kid? You know the one who got off on the state
charges so the justice department got him for violating the kids civil
rights.

Yeah that yahoo probably shouldn't have been aloud to own a gun in the first
place, much less one he bought because he'd seen Dirty Harry too many times,
and yes he over reacted and shouldn't have shot the guy, but he was within
his legal rights and the jury backed him up. The kids father went on
national TV in Japan and accused the entire state of Texas of anti Japanese
bigotry. Janet Reno called him personally to reassure him that they would
take care of it.

Say what you want about Bush, but shat certainly won't be happening in this
case.

Interesting statistic about Florida. Since CCP legislation was put in place
violent crimes against Floridian citizens have fallen dramatically. Crimes
against tourists however have risen by almost the same amount. Certain
Florida police chiefs have suggested that it is most likely because the
criminals know that a tourist won't shoot them.

BTW the source of this little anecdote was the writings of Massad Ayoob,
noted self defence author, handgun lobbyist, former federal marshal, and
police chief of I believe Lebanon New Hampshire, though I may be wrong on
the town. He testified for the defence in the Texas case.

Chris Byrne