[geeks] Re: [rescue] O2 graphics compared to entry-level Octanegraphics?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Apr 25 10:31:46 CDT 2002

> What version do you use of Lightwave?  I never hear about Lightwave for Irix
> anymore.  I loved that program (but I haven't been able to use anything
> newer than 5.0).

5.somthing.  It *might* be 5.0, but I'm thinking it's a later rev.  It's
not up to par with some modelers out there, but to me the GUI is more
useable than Blender (RIP).  I don't mind using an older version, as I
don't do CG animations for movies or anything - I'm just a hobbyist.

Mostly it gets used for building stuff in 3D before I go out the garage
and cut up wood to make them.  I'd rather make mistakes in virtual space
than slice a piece of $60 oak plywood the wrong way.  I just started
using it, replacing Rhino on the Windows box.  Rhino is nice, but I like
not having to use windows for this type of work.

hrm, bordering on Geeks material...cc-ing geeks@ on this one...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com