[geeks] /dev/brain

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 25 06:42:01 CDT 2002

> In order to (IOT) recieve a packet at a neuron, we would have to be
> trained to percieve an input. (as well as an output)

Its a lot easier to train machines to behave like humans than it is to
train humans to behave like machines.

> IOT establish a link, we would have to learn a (link/data) protocol.
> IOT view a web page, we would have to have a "browser".
> IOT have a browser, we would have to have an HTML renderer..

Gack. I spend a large portion of my day, every day, figuring out how I'm
going to be able to _not_ use the web that day. Some people not only
don't use the web, but despise it with a passion. Let's hope that for
both our sake, on the day we get to sign up for a neural interface, HTML
and all its filth has disappeared.

> practice.  As we master the binary reading and interpretation of
> packets,
> the link level gets easier, etc.

Humans just arent good at this. We're analog creatures, not digital.

> Sometimes, just sometimes, I feel very gifted -- nay, blessed.

> "Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and
> breathing." -- MJK, Tool, Lateralus

mmmmmhmmmm.

alex