[geeks] HD compatibility for ultra2?

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 24 13:16:07 CDT 2002

It looks like (thanks, Pete) I'll be getting an ultra2 here in the next
few days. I'm ordering it sans graphics card and sans hard disk.

My reasoning for this was that I'm most likely going to use it headless
anyways, and also that I could find my own steenking hard disk for it.
Now, I just replaced the cdrom in the one thats on my desk here at work,
and as I recall, it was a 50-pin unit. Are the drives in question here
also 50-pin?

Can I just go out and buy any 50-pin scsi hard disk? Ideally I'd like to
get 10k or 15k rpm drives for the box, hopefully 2x 18gb or 2x 36gb.
What are my requirements for disk in this monster?

alex

--
alex j avriette, perl hacker
avriettea at speakeasy.net