[geeks] sensitive solaris

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Apr 23 12:29:03 CDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Why arent you using UFS logging?

> Because I didn't know it existed until a few minutes ago.  It's on now.

Okay, I realize most people on this list don't need it, but for those
lurking.  READ the documents at fixsolaris.sunhelp.org.  NOW.  There is
LOTS of good info in those documents that helps you understand how
Solaris operates and gives you lots of good practice things.  It also
happens to mention to use UFS logging (in the Solaris 8 version anyway,
UFS logging wasn't in stock Sol8 in 2.6).

No, I didn't write it and don't claim to have.  But it's great information.

--Kurt