[geeks] Re: Inventories and Wish Lists (again)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 22 22:46:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 10:36:54PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:
>
> > >So that is 2+3*2+6+2*2+2*1 TB of storage, or 20TB of storage.  I bet you
> > >never run out of space for MP3s and DivX files.
> >
> > That'd be one hell of an MP3 player.
>
> At that point, using MP3 or DivX or any other form of lossy compression
> would just be silly.

I'm currently giving FLAC a test spin.  So far so good.  Sounds absolutely
fabulous.  Only problem is that the XMMS plugin seems buggy.  Enough so that
complete machine reboots are called for (so obviously there are other buggy
pieces than just the plugin).  Maybe a dedicated machine with a command
line FLAC player would be better.

--
Joshua D. Boyd