[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Apr 22 14:16:27 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, April 22, 2002 at 14:07:35 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] lawn mowing efficiency
>
> But, I never got complaints from the parents for doing that, except for when
> the grass was truly exceptionally long.  I just cleaned the pile up, then
> mowed back over the spot it been and rake that also.

Ah ha!  You mowed back over the ugly bits!  ;-)

Of course out in Sask. there had to be a lot of rain to make the grass
grow enough to cause exessive clippings even after two weeks!  Whenever
there was anything to rake up I usually put it in the wheel barrow and
took it down to the barn to feed to the bulls who were and on dry feed
because they locked up to keep them away from the cows....  :-)

Once we finally got a riding mower though I found it did a better job of
mulching since it had twin blades and there were extra clippings even
more rarely (unless I tackled a spot that hadn't been cut all summer (or
not for many weeks anyway).

--
								Greg A. Woods