[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Apr 22 12:51:29 CDT 2002

[ On Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 22:53:04 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

> > > No raking at all.
> > >
> > > (and no, it would only be one big pile in the center if you mowed
> > >  *clockwise* - the grass is ejected from the right-hand side of the
> > >  mower)
> >
> > And your mower would likely konk out halfway through, if you had a sizable
> > lawn.
>
> That is what I used to do on a half acre lawn.  Well, that was the lot size
> rather.  Only about half was contigous lawn space.

Josh for a bright young guy you seem to be lacking some common sense....

Didn't you notice any problems as the mower was forced to work harder to
push an ever growing mound of mucky wet grass?  Didn't you notice the
cut was ever more ugly as this happened?  Didn't you notice that if you
cut often enough then you didn't even have to rake up any clippings --
they'd be small enough to just fall down to the ground?

(now I admit I tried this once or twice on our big front lawn on the
farm (it plus the other parts of the yard I cut easily totalled two
acres, maybe three -- it took a good 16 hours with the push mower plus
another 4-8 trimming and cleaning up; and still about 8 hours with the
riding mower, but more time trimming), but I didn't need my Dad yelling
at me to realise there was a major problem with this trick!  ;-)

BTW, lots-o-fun here weather-wise.  85F two days in a row, two more
warm days, then snow this morning and freezing at noon.  I'm glad my
patch of new lawn didn't get time to germinate yet!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods