[geeks] Dream job

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Apr 22 12:09:53 CDT 2002

Depends on the beer. A bitters is perfectly acceptable at room temperature,
or an IPA or something similar. That's what they were brewed for anyway,
long storage at relatively high temperatures. Actually some porters, stouts,
and barleywines are best served slightly warmed (like warm milk
temperature). However no lager should be served above 40 degrees Fahrenheit
if possible, and 50 at the absolute maximum. Lager is specifically brewed to
be kept and served cold.

Personally I like a good room temp or slightly cooler pint of bitters (I
like Theakstons personally but that's just me) or an ESB, but for my
Guinness I like it cold, and for my lagers I like them ice cold.

Chris Byrne