[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 22 08:21:06 CDT 2002

From: "Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com>

> Actually, I had a good (patentable?) idea once. Years ago (back before law
> suits) someone manufactured something called the Flymow. No I Shit You Not,
> this mower looked like a regular pusher with a slightly thinner deck. It
> used a prop blade or maybe the Bernouli affect to keep the deck two or
three
> inches off the ground (it had no wheels). It floated across the lawn on a
> cushion of air. I have seen one once at a fleamarket, but it wasn't
running.

You can still get them over here.

http://www.flymo.com/node229.asp

"It's a lot less bovver with a hover" as the advertising slogan used to say.

I once managed to slice through the power cable mowing the lawn when I was
younger. In spite of trying to be *extremely* careful to avoid doing just
that. Dangerous bastards, hover mowers.

Will.