[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 22 07:55:09 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Bill Bradford [mailto:mrbill at mrbill.net]
~ Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2002 4:43 PM
~ To: geeks at sunhelp.org
~ Subject: [geeks] lawn mowing efficiency
~
~ As I sit here, covered in sweat from just finishing mowing the lawn,
~ I had some thoughts while mowing said lawn.
~
~ I do it with a normal cheapie $150 push mower from Wal-Mart.  The way
~ I was "taught" to mow lawns, with a eject-on-the-right-side mower, was
~ to do it in a spiral, or squared-spiral, counterclockwise so that you
~ never had to go over the grass you'd just mowed and ejected
~ on the right-
~ hand side.  Like this (monospaced fonts ahead!)

More efficiency can be had with sheep (and a Llama for coyote/wolf/bigcat
protection). Not only is the grass kept short, but its also continually
fertilized as they "mow"! Two jobs done at once and no sweat.