[geeks] reading material (non-computer)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sun Apr 21 19:16:22 CDT 2002

avriettea at speakeasy.net writes:

>On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 01:09 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> scifi books here as well..  What's everyone else reading?

"Religion in Ancient Egypt" Ed: Byron Shafer

Last few books prior to that:

"Amenhotep III: Perspectives on His Reign" Ed: O'Conner & Cline
"Early Dynastic Egypt" by Toby Wilkinson

(Hey kids, see if you can spot the pattern!)

>Just finished reading _The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to
>Master_, was good.

Ok, confession time: who has or has not read "The Mythical Man Month"?

>_Crime and Punishment_ fyodor dostoevsky

Eh. I like his earlier stuff. "Poor People" in particular.

>_The Master and the Margarita_

Ah! Very nice.

>_Franz Kafka: The Complete Stories_ franz kafka

I think Kafka only wrote one significant piece: "The Castle". His
other novels were just minor variations on the same theme, and his
short stories are a bad rip-off of Gogol.

>_One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich_ alexander solzhenitsyn

Good fun light reading. :-(

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------