[geeks] Going the extra mile

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 21 19:03:14 CDT 2002

s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
> > My Airsoft MP5 hold 150 rds, and has an effective range of ~100ft for
> > man-sized targets :)
> >
> > Do *that* with Nerf!
>
> I can't. The Airsoft sounds good. Are they expensive?

hrm, that's a little subjective.  I don't consider them expensive, a
spring powered (cock for each shot) rifle or SMG is about $50 but can be
had for $35 at times.  Spring pistols are usually between $12 and $17
for decent quality.

I have a Glock 18c that uses 'green gas' that looks, feels, operates,
and field strips like an actual Glock that cost me about $200 all told.
They get even more expensive, especially for the quality replicas.

Electric rifles and SMGs *start* at about $250 for cheap-o brands, the
sky's the limit on pricing for those.  I've seen a M60 replica for over
$1k.

For cube wars, a decent (like ~$15) replica of a USP or 1911 is the
shit.  If your hands are big enough a Desert Eagle is one of the most
accurate and powerful (due to barrel length).
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com