[geeks] Thoughts on bash for root

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 21 17:24:21 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 05:47:36PM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:

> > i love vi mode.  why leave the home row is you don't have to?  :)
>
> exactly how is 'escape' in the home row?

you suffer from using one of those PC layed keyboard, with ESC all the way to
the upper left corner of the keyboard?  see, mine isn't like that, ESC is to
the left of the 1 key, and i don't have to remove my hand from home row to
reach it.

i never used to understand why people complained about vi and the ESC key being
hard to reach until i used a PC keyboard.  vi was NOT designed for that keyboard
layout.

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP