[geeks] Thoughts on bash for root

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sun Apr 21 14:01:16 CDT 2002

[ On Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 14:06:55 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Thoughts on bash for root
>
> ksh doesn't meet the arrow test.  Meaning if a shell doesn't let me use the
> arrow keys to flip through previous commands, then it is inadequate.

It does if you RTFM (though the book by Korn is better than the manual
page if you need more than just a reference) and learn how.

Anyway, don't you use emacs as your favourite text editor?  If so then
what the heck are you doing worrying about stupid arrow keys?!?!?!?!
Keep your fingers on the home row man!  (but get a real keyboard first,
or at least remap the "control" back to where it's supposed to be!)

You can find aliases for binding the arrow keys in my ~/.kshrc:

	ftp://ftp.weird.com/pub/local/dotfiles.tar.gz

--
								Greg A. Woods