[geeks] Working on a Saturday night.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 20 23:52:43 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 12:42:56AM -0400, Ross Alexander wrote:
> Sitting here sshed in to work, waiting to see if our main VMS box is
> going to come back up OK after a defrag.

I spent from 3:30 till almost 8pm at work today, bringing up the second
fiber HBA connected to our EMC SAN on an E6500, getting PowerPath
working (with the help of our head admin, who did most of the fiber-ish
stuff), "decommissioning" one of our older big Alpha boxes (gave it a
new IP and hostname), then assigned that machine's old IP to the E6500.

Part 1 of a big Alpha -> Sun migration.  yay.  basically flawless.  Better
be, after yesterday, when two EMC guys show up at 9am and say "oh yeah,
half this symmetrix is gonna have to go down.."

I have to say, though, that I love this job.  Been there almost two years
now, longer than I've ever worked any job I've had before apart from being
a DJ in high school.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford