[geeks] oh. my. god.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 20 20:32:40 CDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> > Fucking morons.
>
> Yep.  Sure, I think people who do that need a life,

No more than people like me who code all day and whose interaction with
"the real world" consists of going for bike rides in the country by
myself, fixing computers for Kountry Mike, the occasional BBQ in Austin
with you, Steven, and Derrick, and socializing with my fiancee over the
'Net when I'm not near her.  It's possible to create intricate art or code
or music or wordworking or whatever and be happy.  I know I've got plenty
of "life" right now.

But that's a minor point, and a purely subjective one at that, primarily
based on the very different things each person wants out of life.  I'm
just really pissed off at that particular "community" of "I can't wait to
play Q3A on a beowulf cluster of Cray SV1s running RedHat, d00000d"
fuckwits.

--Jonathan