[geeks] fuck :(

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Sat Apr 20 06:57:12 CDT 2002

the last 6 hours have been particularly shitty, I got a phone call at
around 10:30 that my uncle had been in the hospital since wednesday, he
went in for open heart surgery, and he started getting bad yesterday
:(  anyways, the call was my mother telling me that my cousin called and
that my uncle was not expected to last through the night :(  we got my
niece and headed to the hospital, only to find out (when we finally got to
the place around midnite-ish) that he had passwd away at 11 pm, he just
went to sleep, sighed and his heart stopped :(

  He was a good friend and a great guy....  I kinda feel bad because I was
standing by his bed looking at him and thinking " Why couldn't it have been
the uncle that's an asshole..."